WASH In Schools runs into 2nd Week


General Information

– WINS Assessment in 5517 schools has continued for the past one week since December 1, 2015.
– Data has been received from all 15 counties. Gbarpolu has reported only one school in the last one week. A monitoring team leaves tomorrow to investigate this and to provide support if necessary.
– A total of 2,387 schools have been mapped as of December 7th, 2015 19:47 pm
– Data collected represent 43% of all data sent in and received from the AKVO FLOW dashboard. Remaining 57% of data sets expected to be in by December 15th 2015.
– 4 Counties ( Bong, Grand Kru, Lofa, Nimba) have completed 50% of data collection and one particular county ( Bomi) have completed over 90%
– Gbarpolu County has not submitted any additional data since the 4th December , 2015

The assessment is being conducted under the auspices of the Ministry of Public Works and the Ministry of Education through the National WASH Secretariat and EMIS-MOE.

The National Water Sanitation and Hygiene Coordinator Coordinator ,Mr. Abdul Hafiz Koroma who is also the WASH In Schools National Survey Manager expressed optimism about the process and continues to thank the great team of technicians and data collectors who have dedicated time and other resources to ensuring the process proceeds smoothly.

Addressing the issues of slow data uploads to the AKVO FLOW dashboard, the WINS technical team has deployed a two men Rapid Assessment Team headed by the National WASH Data base Manager to counties where the problem is emerging. The field team is expected to work with enumerators who are having a hard time transmitting the data from the field to the dashboards.

More updates can be found here: